Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 11

I am a worrier. I worry about a lot of things, big and small. 

I worry about having enough money to retire even though I'm only 35. I worry about letting the hotel room get too messy before the maid comes in to clean it. 

I worry that my 10 year old isn't getting enough hugs and that my 5 year old doesn't eat enough fiber. I worry that the Democrats will stay in the White House or that the Republicans will win it back. 

Sometimes my worrying makes daily life sort of uncomfortable. It makes me want to eat things that aren't good for me, like pink and white Iced Animal Cookies that taste like sugar and wax. 


I asked my friend K if she worries about anything, since she always seems so relaxed. She laughed and said that she only worries about the big stuff that she can control, like her children becoming axe murderers. 

I don't want my kids to become axe murderers either. 

Also, I'd like to be more relaxed.

So, I've been trying to only worry about things I can control.

Here is my list: 

-My 5 year old eating enough fiber
-Dental hygiene
-Ample hug distribution


All this not worrying has opened up a lot of mental free time
 so I can focus on be more relaxed. 

This new silence worries me
 and makes me want to eat pink and white Iced Animal Cookies that taste like wax. 



Being relaxed is hard.