Wednesday, June 15, 2011


{N. clowning around.}

Today I had big plans. Mornings are so promising and chock full of possibilities. Think about it, anything is possible first thing in the morning. I'm a sucker for mornings. Mostly because I feel indestructible before ten-fifteen. Well, not indestructible exactly. I'm usually pretty thirsty. An unquenchable thirst is standard for me nowadays and it's the WORST when I first wake up. So I drink (chug) about a gallon of water and wait for my body to absorb my daily dose of hormones. Then I pee for about an hour.

Okay, I'm getting distracted. Where was I?

Oh yes, I had big plans to paint a checkerboard pattern on the floor of the playhouse in white and green. I'm super-psyched about it. I've only been planning to do it for the past three months. It's going to be stinkin' cute. Since I haven't felt so saucy the paint's been sitting in the garage, settling into layers like Native American sand art.

But this morning I felt great. I dusted off the paint cans, walked outside, armed with a chalk line and enough painter's tape to checkerboard a parking lot, and bent down to find the center of the floor. Then I nearly passed out. Standing only made it worse. So I staggered back into the house and called it a day at 10:30 a.m. SWEET!

On the up side, N. entertained me. He cracks me up. I'm not kidding. He's hilarious, like pee-your-pants funny. And I mean for a normal person who doesn't drink two gallons of water daily.


Then I tried to sleep while my younglings fought.

Don't I look dewy and peaceful? I heart photoshop!

5 comments:

L.T. Elliot said...

You do look beautiful, Kristi. I'm so sorry to hear how difficult it is for you. Will email you with my thoughts. Love you.

Mary Campbell said...

Your boy is so cute. I love that you're posting pictures and I'm so glad you're blogging again. I like mornings too, but I like to spend my mornings being lazy and then I get busy later. So sad you got dizzy and couldn't do your project - I'm sure it would've been awesome.

Jason Stevens said...

I grew up with a dude named Dewy and you don't look anything like him.

Shari said...

You are beautiful with or without Photoshop. And I heart you.

BrianandTyrene said...

I've been up on your blog recently Kristie, and want you to know that I'm thinking of you . . . Many prayers going your way my friend!