Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day 40

I just signed on to teach another class next semester. This will be in addition to my Public Speaking courses. I'm super excited about the content but it's a pretty new class on campus so I'm going to need some help from you readers to get it going.

It's Oral Interpretation of Literature.

I guess I just can't stay out of the theatre. I'm pretty excited to sink my teeth back into books and performance. It's been so long, holy cow I have missed it.

Send me any ideas on what you'd like to see in a class like this. We'll cover the oral readings of plays, prose, poetry, maybe even some blogs (!?!) Please send me book and poetry ideas (even yours, it might be a way to get your work read in public at speech competitions.)

I am going to need to assemble a collection. I've only got my private collection at home right now, it's pretty heavy on books but I'm not to crazy about sharing it with twenty plus college students.

What a challenge. Can't wait.

Oh, and BTW, the food thing is getting easier. Since I've let myself eat basically whatever I want whenever I want as long as my body is actually hungry for it, I've found I don't really want that much to eat, mostly bread and fruits and vegetables. Crazy. Who knew my body was so intelligent.

Granted, it's not always easy. The emotions that rush through me when I'm not stuffing them with food can be pretty intense. But I'm dealing, more or less. Some days are better than others.

I've also signed up to try the Bountiful Basket Co-op. I know I'm a little behind on that concept but super excited about it. (Wow, I'm super excited about a lot today.)  I love big baskets of fruits and vegetables and I love trying new foods. So the idea that I can get lots of fresh organic produce every week for $25 dollars is super (that word again, ugh) intriguing.

I pick up my first basket on Saturday. I'll let you know how it goes.

And I haven't forgotten about the instructions I promised to post about converting a table into a cute, cute bench. Just waiting for TNG to send me the pictures. (hint, hint)

Hugs to you all.

K

No comments: